Where can I view the performance of my boosted listings?
You can view how many clicks your boosted listing has received from the time of boosting in the Boosted tab of the ‘Boost listings’ section of your selling hub. The number of clicks shown includes both the clicks your listing has received as a boosted listing and organic clicks. Organic clicks are clicks on the organic version of your boosted listing in search results and across other parts of the app.
You will also see “+% from boosting”. This shows the percentage increase in the total number of clicks on your listing, by comparing boosted clicks to organic clicks from the time you boost your listing.
How do these stats work?
When you boost a listing, your listing may appear in search results either as a boosted listing tagged with a ‘boosted’ icon or as an organic listing. Your listing may also appear as an organic listing across other parts of the app, for example on the homepage.
With boosted listings stats, you’ll be able to view the total number of clicks your listing has received since the time of boosting. This number includes both organic and boosted clicks.
You will also see the percentage increase in the total number of clicks on your listing as a result of boosting (“+% from boosting”). This is calculated by comparing boosted clicks to organic clicks from the time you boost your listing. For example:
- If you received 100 clicks on your boosted listing and 80 clicks on the organic version of the same listing since the item was boosted, the percentage increase shown will be “+125% from boosting”. This means that your item received 125% more clicks since the time of boosting than if you hadn’t boosted your item.
- If the percentage shown is “100% from boosting” (not “+100% from boosting”), this means that 100% of the clicks your listing received were on your boosted listing and there were no organic clicks on the item since the item was boosted.
- If your boosted listing has received no clicks, then you will not see any percentage increase alongside the total number of clicks shown. This means that 100% of the total number of clicks shown were organic clicks.
If you unboost your listing, you will be unable to view the boosted listings stats. You would need to boost your item again to view the performance of your boosted listings. You will only be able to view boosted listing stats relating to your listing’s performance since the most recent time of boosting. You will be unable to view historic boosted listing stats relating to the time before you unboosted your listing.
Why are my boosted items receiving a low number of clicks?
If your item isn’t receiving as many clicks as you’d hoped, buyers may be seeing your item in search results, but not clicking on it.
To improve the quality of your listing and increase your chances of a buyer clicking on your item, follow these useful guidelines:
- Use High-quality photos: Using high-quality photos can be a factor in whether a buyer clicks on your item. Upload 4 photos taken from several angles, making sure to show any flaws or clear signs of wear.
- Write accurate descriptions: Start with a headline that summarises your item, then add any relevant item information including the material, measurements and item condition, making sure to include details of any flaws or clear signs of wear. If you want to add any reasons to buy from you – like bundle discounts, offers or shipping methods – make sure you add these at the end of your description.
- Get specific: Relevant information helps display your items to the right buyers, so make sure you get specific (where relevant) with your listings, adding information such as tags, colours, condition, brand, source, age.
Find more pro tips here and info on how search and ranking works at Depop here.
Why can't I see the performance of my boosted listings?
We're currently testing stats for boosted listings so not all sellers can see them. If you don't see the feature currently, hold tight – we'll be releasing it to everyone soon.