This Shipping Policy for US based sellers explains your shipping obligations as a seller and your rights and responsibilities when using Depop’s ‘Ship with Depop’ service.
Please keep in mind that sellers are ultimately responsible for packaging and dispatching their sold items to buyers, and for making sure that your buyers receive their orders. Note, if you are an Android user, you will automatically be set to purchase a shipping label through Ship with Depop when you list your next item (don’t worry, you can edit the shipping settings for your listing by selecting Domestic > My own Shipping)
1. Shipping Labels purchased through Ship with Depop
If you sell on Depop and choose to purchase a shipping label through Depop’s ‘Ship with Depop’ service, you agree to the following additional terms.
When shipping your item, you agree to:
- A) Provide an accurate "dispatches from" address.
- B) Specify your parcel size accurately (which will automatically calculate your shipping costs) in your listings.
- C) Dispatch items asap after they are sold and remember to keep in touch with your buyer using the Depop messaging function.
- D) Comply with all local and international delivery and customs regulations. We know that delivery and customs regulations can be tough to read, so check out these help articles on international delivery using United States Postal Service (USPS), Canada Post, Royal Mail and Australia Post.
- E) Dispatch to the buyer’s address listed on the Depop receipt.
By dispatching your item using a shipping label purchased on Depop, you're giving us permission to collect and share relevant data received from USPS with the buyer.
In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of dispatch. Valid proof of dispatch must show that the item actually was dispatched and that it was sent to the address provided by the buyer on Depop. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a dispute against you. Please see this Help article to learn more about Depop’s dispute process.
But don't fret, Depop offers support for sellers who meet our requirements for Seller Protection. Read more here.
When purchasing a shipping label on Depop, you agree that:
- A) All shipping labels will only be used to send corresponding Depop orders.
- B) Shipping labels may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- C) You are responsible for providing up to date, complete and accurate information to Depop to enable the shipping carrier to fulfill delivery of your item.
- D) You are fully responsible for the contents of any parcels you dispatch using shipping labels purchased via Depop. In addition to Depop’s policies, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions and any other policies or rules imposed by the carrier, USPS (see USPS additional terms below).
- E) Depop is not liable or responsible for any issues you may have with USPS’ services and you should contact USPS as needed. In addition, Depop is not responsible for any issues you may encounter while items you dispatch using shipping labels purchased via Depop are in transit. That means that if an item is lost, damaged, or arrives later than expected, you will have no recourse against Depop, regardless of Depop’s involvement in resolving the issue. Please review the USPS terms and conditions for more information on how they handle parcels that are lost, damaged, or delayed.
2. USPS additional terms
This policy forms part of the Depop Terms of Service.