When you're selling an item on Depop, the seller is always responsible for shipping to a buyer
How do I set shipping costs on my items?
It's easy to choose your shipping costs when you're listing an item for sale. International shipping can be more expensive, but offering this increases your audience and improves the chances of selling.
- When listing an item for sale, scroll to the bottom for Shipping options
- To offer free domestic shipping:
Tap Domestic > My own Shipping > toggle Free shipping on.
- To charge for domestic shipping:
Tap Domestic > My own Shipping > toggle Free shipping off > Tap Shipping Price to set the price
- To ship internationally:
Select Worldwide > Toggle this option on or off > Tap Shipping Price then set your price
Shipping prices are based on the size and weight of the item and how far it has to travel. Since you don't know where the item will end up going when you list it, it's best to estimate based on the size of the item:
- Dresses: 4-10 (£/$/€)
- Tops: 3-8 (£/$/€)
- Outerwear: 8-20 (£/$/€)
- Jeans: 5-10 (£/$/€)
- Shoes: 8-20 (£/$/€)
- Jewellery/makeup/pins/small items: 3-5 (£/$/€)
- Worldwide shipping: 10-30 (£/$/€)
Remember you will need to purchase packaging so take this into consideration when thinking about what you want to charge the buyer for shipping.
I just sold an item
- Package your item. Place your item in a box or shipping envelope, available at office supply stores or the post office. To make sure everything arrives in one clean piece, pack your items well
- Keep your buyer informed. Send your buyer a message thanking them and letting them know when you plan to ship
- Ship ASAP using tracked delivery. We recommend you use tracked shipping as untracked parcels aren't protected under PayPal or Depop Seller Protection
- Follow-up with your buyer. Message your buyer to let them know that you've shipped their item and supply them with a tracking number by tapping Mark as shipped on your sales receipt and entering the shipping details there. This will inform the buyer and there will be less need for them to chase you up on when to expect the delivery
How can I Ship safely?
- Ship all of your items using tracked shipping
- Only send your items to the address on the in-app receipt
- Stay safe by shipping all of your items and avoiding meet ups
- Take photos of your shipping receipts, showing address details and the date the item was shipped
- Keep note of your tracking number
- Hang on to your proof of shipping until the sale is complete
What if something goes wrong?
- Reach out to your shipping provider for an update
- Contact your buyer to keep them in the loop
- Make sure the buyer is aware if their item may be at customs
- Update your PayPal or Depop dispute with proof of shipping within the timeframe
- Contact Depop Support if you need any help or advice
- Use tracked shipping to ensure you are fully protected
- We can refund you for the Depop fee if you have to refund your buyer
- Your shipping provider can investigate and may be able to provide compensation if your item is lost, delayed or damaged
- Keep a photo of your proof of shipping to resolve any possible issues