The seller is always responsible for shipping an item to a buyer
How to set shipping costs on your items
- When listing an item for sale, tap Delivery and swipe Shipping
- Tap Domestic and/or International to designate where you ship. International shipping is more expensive, but offering it also increases your audience and improves chances of selling
- For free shipping, leave the price field(s) at zero and tap the ✓ in the top right hand corner of your screen
- To charge the buyer for shipping enter your shipping price. If you ship worldwide set one price for national shipping and one for worldwide
Shipping prices are based on the size and weight of the item and how far it has to travel. Since you don't know where the item will end up going when you list it, it's best to guesstimate based on the size of the item:
- Dresses: £5 - 8 / €6 - 10 / $7
- Tops: £4 / €5 / $5
- Tees/tanks: £4 / €5 / $5
- Outerwear: £8 - 12 / €10 - 15 / $10 - 15
- Jeans: £6 / €7 / $8
- Shoes: £10 / €12
- Jewellery/makeup/pins/small items: £2 / €3 / $5
- Worldwide shipping: £10 - 15 / €12 - 18 / $15
Remember you will need to purchase packaging so take this into consideration when thinking about what you want to charge the buyer for shipping.
Tap ✓, continue setting up your listing and publish.
After you've sold an item
- Package your item. Place your item in a box or shipping envelope, available at office supply stores or the post office. To make sure everything arrives in one clean piece, pack your items well
- Keep your buyer informed. Send your buyer a message thanking them and letting them know when you plan to ship
- Ship ASAP using tracked delivery. We recommend you use tracked shipping as untracked parcels aren't protected under PayPal's Seller Protection policy
- Follow-up with your buyer. Message your buyer to let them know that you've shipped their item and supply them with a tracking number by tapping "Mark as shipped" on your sales receipt and entering the shipping details there. This will inform the buyer and there will be less need for them to chase you up on when to expect the delivery
Only send the item to the address shown on the in-app receipt to be protected by PayPal's Seller Protection policy. If the buyer asks you to ship to another address, let them know you will have to refund their money, and ask them to update their Depop address and buy the item again. Just get in touch with us so we can also refund your Depop fee
Keep proof of postage. If something goes wrong with the transaction, it's likely you'll need to show you've sent the item. Keep in mind that in order to be valid and accepted by PayPal, your proof of postage needs to contain a tracking number, the first line of the buyer's address, the buyer's postcode and the date of shipping. If you don't want to hang on to loads of receipts, take photos of them to save on your phone.