All refunds must be arranged between the buyer and the seller.
You can refund your buyer from your PayPal account by doing the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- On the Summary page, find the transaction you wish to refund and click on it.
- If you don’t see the item that needs to be refunded, click 'Activity'
- On the Transaction details page, click 'Issue a refund’'
- Follow the steps to issue a refund to your buyer
Or click here for more detailed instructions.
As a private seller, you are not required to offer a refund for an item you sell. However, if you are a registered business, you must follow the relevant distance selling regulations. Buyer’s can open a dispute up to 180 days from the transaction if they feel the item is ‘not as described’.