If you need to refund your buyer you can do this from your PayPal account by doing the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account (via a desktop/laptop rather than the app)
- On the Summary page, find the transaction you wish to refund and click on it.
- If you don’t see the item that needs to be refunded, click 'Activity'
- On the Transaction Details page, click 'Issue a refund’'
- Follow the steps to issue a refund to your buyer
- Make sure the refund is completed or cleared.
If you need a bit more info then just click here
As a private seller, you are not required to offer a refund for an item you sell. However, if you are a registered business, you must follow the relevant distance selling regulations. Buyers can open a dispute up to 180 days from the transaction if they feel the item is ‘not as described’.
When refunding a buyer, it's important to refund directly from the original transaction. This way, the refund is associated with the transaction and therefore cannot be disputed.
Note that you will not receive a refund of your Paypal fee.
Depop Payments refunds
If you're using Depop Payments and need to refund your buyer, follow these steps:
- Log into the Depop app
- Click on the 'Receipts' tab
- Find and click on the transaction you will be refunding for your buyer
- Click the 'Refund' button
As soon as you click the 'Refund' button within the app, the money will return to the buyer’s bank account and your fees will automatically be refunded.
For more information on Depop Payments and seller protections, please click here