If you need to refund your buyer you can do this from your PayPal account by doing the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account (via a desktop/laptop rather than the app)
- On the Summary page, find the transaction you wish to refund and click on it.
- If you don’t see the item that needs to be refunded, click 'Activity'
- On the Transaction Details page, click 'Issue a refund’'
- Follow the steps to issue a refund to your buyer
If you need a bit more info then just click here.
As a private seller, you are not required to offer a refund for an item you sell. However, if you are a registered business, you must follow the relevant distance selling regulations. Buyers can open a dispute up to 180 days from the transaction if they feel the item is ‘not as described’.
When refunding a buyer, it's important to refund directly from the original transaction. This way, the refund is associated with the transaction and therefore cannot be disputed.