Don't worry, all purchases made through the Depop 'BUY' button are protected and you'll get a full refund if you don't receive your item.
- Contact the Seller directly for an update
- Ask the Seller if the item has been shipped and proof of shipping
- Check the tracking details to see the status of your order
- If the seller doesn’t get back to you or the item has not been shipped after 7 days, please report in-app by going to:
- Profile > Settings > Need help? > Buying > My purchase > Select your issue there
- Only items purchased inside of Depop with the BUY button are covered by Buyers Protection
If you paid via PayPal we'll talk you through opening a dispute, but you can get the process started right away by following the steps here instead of reporting via the app. You can open a dispute on PayPal from 7 days up to 180 days from the transaction date*
If you paid via Depop Payments, check out the steps here.
Not sure which payment method you used?
Check your receipt by heading to your Profile > Receipts > Purchased.
Under the "Payment made" heading, you'll see "Paid [amount] with Depop Payments / Paypal".
If you paid outside of the app, scroll to the bottom of your list of transactions (inside the App) and select 'item not shown'.
Out-of-app payments do not offer any protection and are against our rules. Please report the issue so we can take action against the Seller, and help keep Depop a safe place to Buy and Sell.
* All transactions that have gone through PayPal will need to be refunded via the PayPal dispute process. This is because these transactions come directly from the buyer's and seller's personal PayPal accounts.
At Depop, we don't have the authority to issue refunds directly from a seller's personal PayPal account - only PayPal can do this.