If you're shipping from the US, you have two options:
- Arrange your own shipping: Arrange domestic or worldwide shipping yourself (go down to your local post office or purchase a shipping label through a third party)
- Ship With Depop: Ship through Depop with USPS (Mainland USA only)
How do I use Ship with Depop?
- When listing or editing an item scroll to the bottom to select Shipping
- Tap Domestic > select Ship with Depop > enter or confirm your address
- Select Parcel Size > Choose the option for the size/weight of the item
- Scroll down to choose whether you offer Free Shipping:
To offer Free Shipping > tap the toggle on.
The price of the item will be sent to your PayPal From there, Depop will take our 10% and the cost of the label in the same charge
To charge for shipping > tap the toggle off
This means that the price of the sale plus the value of the label will be sent to your PayPal.
If you are charging your buyer for shipping, you’ll initially be paid extra (price of the item + cost of the label), and then the label cost will be taken with your fee in one single charge. This can be a little confusing, so check out a breakdown below:
|Example of how the transaction(s) appears in PayPal using a 'small' label|
|Buyer pays for shipping||I will pay for shipping|
Item ($40) and shipping ($4.75): $44.75
PayPal fee (2.9% + $0.30 = $1.60) $43.15
Depop 10% ($4) + 'small' label (4.75) = (-$8.75)
Total after all deductions: $34.40
Item price: $40
PayPal fee (2.9% +$0.30 = $1.46) $38.54
Depop 10% ($4) + 'small' label ($4.75) = (-$8.75)
Total after deductions: $29.80
How do you find your label?
- Tap this icon > All sold items
- Select the transaction
- Scroll down and press activate shipping label or the floating icon on Android
- A PDF will be generated, print and stick the label to your package with clear tape
- Drop off at a Post Office or blue USPS collection box
How much does it cost?
Extra-small: $3.75 (First Class - less than 4oz)
Small: $4.75 (First Class - less than 8oz)
Medium: $6.75 (First Class - less than 1lb)
Large: $11 (Priority Mail - less than 2lb)
Extra-large: $15 (Priority Mail - less than 10lb)
Already have your own shipping system?
- Tap Domestic > select My own Shipping
- To offer Free shipping for your buyer > Set the toggle to on. This will mean that you will pay for any shipping and packaging costs to post the item.
- To charge your buyer for shipping, tap Shipping price > enter a price > then hit the arrow to return to the main listing.
- To offer international shipping, tap Worldwide > Set the toggle to on > then enter a price.
To avoid any issues, we recommend that you always ship your item, using tracked postage and use in-app payments to process your sales. Meet ups and sales outside of the Depop app are not covered by Seller Protection.
*BORING BUT IMPORTANT:
- As a seller, it is your responsibility to send items to your buyer
- You need to keep proof of the postage address so you can prove that this has been sent to the address on the transaction
- Send your item with tracking to ensure that you are fully protected as a seller
- Should a dispute arise you will need to provide proof of tracked postage to Depop or PayPal to prove the item has been sent
- Without this, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection