If you've purchased an item that isn't as advertised then you can open a claim. This will be handled either through PayPal or Depop depending on your payment method. Please note in order to receive a refund the item must be significantly not as described.
I paid through PayPal
- Open a 'Not as described' dispute through your PayPal account
- Upload any proof of the item's condition or authenticity
- Should PayPal close a claim in your favour they will first ask you to return the item to the seller using tracked mail (they will provide you with the seller's address)
- PayPal will hold the payment until the seller receives the item
- Once the seller receives the item, the full amount you paid will be transferred back into your PayPal account
By opening a claim for an item that isn't as described both you and the seller are protected. Arranging a return directly without opening a PayPal claim can leave you unprotected.
If you need any extra help on a dispute, contact Depop Support
I paid through Depop Payments
Read our guide to starting a dispute through Depop Payments
Read our guide to starting a dispute through Depop after paying with Klarna