All purchases made via the Depop BUY button are covered by Buyer Protection. You'll receive a full refund if your item doesn't arrive or if it's significantly not as described.
If you checked out using Depop Payments, you're covered by Depop's Buyer Protection. We've got you covered if:
- Your item hasn’t arrived
- Your purchase is significantly not as described
- You purchased a bundle and are missing item/s
If you need to claim Buyer Protection, report this to us in-app or contact Depop Support.
If you arranged a return with your seller, you need to return the item using tracked shipping. You need to keep your proof of postage and delivery confirmation to claim the postage costs back through our Support team.
- This should be arranged and agreed upon with your Seller or via a Depop dispute
- Use tracked postage to return your item to your seller's address
- Keep your proof of postage showing the address details
- Reach out to your seller or Support if your item has been delivered, but you are still waiting for a refund
If you do not send your item tracked or keep proof of postage, you may not be able to prove that the item has been delivered which may impact your Buyer Protection.
You're covered by both PayPal and Depop's Buyer Protection. As a first step, you will need to open a PayPal dispute to get your refund.
Check out our guides to opening a PayPal dispute for any of the following reasons:
If you have opened a PayPal dispute and still need some help, report this to us through the app or contact Depop Support.
Buyer Protection does not cover the following:
- Purchases made without using the BUY button
- Trades outside of the BUY button
- Meet in-person transactions/Cash meets
- Non-material goods, such as tickets or digital products
- Items that arrived later than expected
- Minor item issues
- Having a change of mind about a purchase