We work hard to keep Depop a safe, tolerant and inclusive space for our community to discover unique fashion. Depop will act on discriminatory behaviour or hate speech that contravenes our Community Guidelines.
This includes both the sale of items which contain or encourage hate speech or discrimination, and content or behaviour that discriminates against other users or contains hate speech in listing descriptions, comments, direct messages or any other part of the app.
Depop classifies discrimination and hate speech as content which discriminates against, or is directed to or about, a person or group of people based on their protected characteristics. These characteristics include:
- Nationality or national origin
- Gender and/or gender identity
Or any other characteristic protected by equality laws.
Examples of prohibited content and behaviour include:
- Derogatory, demeaning or offensive language
- Inciting, encouraging, promoting or expressing support for violence or harm
- Inciting, encouraging, promoting or expressing support for hatred or intolerance
- Slurs of any type
- Hate symbols
- Antisemitic, Islamophobic, racist, homophobic or transphobic language and/or behaviour
- Perpetuating discriminatory stereotypes or tropes
- Discriminatory behaviour toward a protected group, including refusing to sell to or otherwise engage with a person or group of people
- Encouragement, endorsement or support of exclusionary practices, segregation or discrimination
- Supporting, endorsing or glorifying extremist, supremacist, hate or terrorist groups
If you have encountered content or behaviour which you believe breaks our hate speech & discrimination policy on the app, please let us know by reporting the item or user through the app. We’ll investigate and take action in accordance with this policy.