Now / Next is a Depop project aimed at deepening connections between our company and our community. It is about investing in community members and their contributions to drive positive change and creativity.
We know that you are full of ideas to make the world a better place and sometimes a little can go a long way. That’s why we created Now / Next: Grassroots Edition. With this project we want to offer a £500 grant and light-touch support from our team to members of the Depop community keen to launch a small scale project with a positive impact on people or the planet.
To apply all we want to know is: What environmental or social problem can you solve in your community?
We’re looking for original projects and motivated individuals that:
- Work to solve an environmental or social challenge in a local community, whether online or physical
- Positively impact others (and are not just for the benefit of themselves / their shop)
- Build on the Depop app or tap into its community
- Have a clear goal and know what success looks like for their project
Sound like you? Applications are open now until 19th February. Share your idea. Get funded. Make a difference.
Now / Next: Grassroots Edition
Sustainability Incubator Program Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry submitted if it has reasonable grounds to believe that: (a) the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions (b) the entrant's conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the promotion or the Promoter into disrepute.
2. This promotion is open to legal residents of: (i) the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, (ii) the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) and (iii) Australia, who are aged [18 years] or over. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until adequate proof of eligibility and identity of the prize winner has been provided in writing.
3. Employees/contractors of the Promoter and its affiliates and any other persons or employees/contractors of companies associated with this promotion and members of the families and households of any such persons are not eligible to enter this promotion. Any such entries will be invalid.
4. To enter: Pitch your idea for how to address an environmental or sustainability issue in your local community by tapping into the Depop app and community – either virtually or IRL.
Apply for this project via the Google Form here. You must answer all questions supplied in the Google Form, but you may apply in whatever format you feel most comfortable (written, presentation, video, etc). Any video material submitted must not exceed 5 minutes in total. The panel will only review the first 5 minutes of video material so please ensure any video submitted does not exceed this length. If you would like to attach any supporting material above 10 Mb to your entry, email them to email@example.com with the subject: “Now / Next Application - [Your Full Name]".
Submit your application between 12:01 (GMT) on 28 January and 11:59 (GMT) on 19 February 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Entries submitted before or after this period will not be considered. Internet access is required. You can only submit one entry to the promotion and entries must be submitted on an individual basis. Any subsequent duplicate or additional entries will be invalid.
5. The judging: Each application will be reviewed by a panel formed from the Promoter’s Sustainability Taskforce against the following criteria:
- Impact: Projects designed to drive measurable positive environmental or social impact locally
- Community Focus: Projects that contribute to solve a challenge in their community with clear beneficiaries (i.e. who and how many)
- Depop Alignment: Projects that creatively leverage Depop (app and/or community/audience) to facilitate action
- Project Management: Projects that have clear goals and objectives that can be measured
- Creativity: Projects with original approaches, in terms of problem addressed, execution and/or communications
Along with the criteria above, the panel will also be looking to find a range of diverse projects with different approaches to achieve positive environmental or social impact locally. Attention will also be given to location with a view to create a cohort of projects across several territories. The final selection will also aim to promote diversity and represent different groups.
Using the criteria above, the panel will select a total of five winning entries. The panel may select additional winners in its sole discretion.
6. The prize: Each winning entry will be given the opportunity to take part in the Promoter’s Now / Next: Grassroots Edition program planned to commence in April 2021. As part of the program, each winning entry will receive a micro-grant of £500, USD[$750] or AUD[$880] depending on where the entrant is located, as well as light touch support from Depop staff over a three-month period to enable them to execute their project. Winners will receive guidance on planning and executing their project from Depop staff by connecting via 3 video calls and 5 emails. All funds supplied by Depop must be used on the proposed project and receipts of all expenses must be submitted to Depop.
Award of the prize is conditional on the winners entering into an agreement with the Promoter setting out the terms of the program and what is required of them, including taking photographs and/or videos of their project and posting a minimum number of photos on agreed upon social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok and/or Snapchat). Payment of the micro-grant will be made once the agreement has been signed.
7. Winner notification: Each winning entry will be notified by email (to the email address submitted at entry) by 9 April 2021. Each winner will be required to respond within 48 hours of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event that a winner does not respond to communications within 48 hours of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entrant.
8. Any expenses incurred by any winner and any guest with regard to travel, and in the general use and/or enjoyment of their prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and guests. Each winner is responsible for any applicable taxes.
9. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry invalid.
11. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
12. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
13. The Promoter acknowledges that ownership of any intellectual property rights in any entry submitted to the promotion remains with the entrants, but that by applying each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive right to use or reproduce, free of charge, their entry or part of their entry for the purpose of publicising the promotion and the Promoter’s Now / Next: Grassroots Edition program in any and all media throughout the world.
14. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the promotion or any prize, whether due to errors or omissions or other cause by the Promoter, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
15. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must comply with local applicable laws. Any entry that , as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion: (i) is in breach of the rights of others, including copyright, trade secret, licence, patent, trade mark, privacy, publicity or any other right; (ii) contains defamatory statements; (iii) includes threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) includes instructions or activities that could cause harm or injury; (v) is obscene or indecent; (vi) depicts any risky or unsafe behaviour; (vii) contains any material or content that is in any way unlawful; or (viii) contains depictions of any individuals who have not granted permission to appear in the entry shall be invalid.
17. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Depop Limited, 7-9 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3LT