COMMUNITY AWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of the Awards
The promoter of the awards is: Depop Limited whose registered offices are at 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (Depop).
- The Awards
- The community awards will be awarded to the winners of five categories: ‘Vintage’, ‘Innovator’, ‘Emerging’, ‘Original’, ‘Your Choice’. All category titles are subject to change.
- The prizes are as follows: One (1) Depop ‘trophy’ award and cash prize of £1000 (or to the value of £1000 in each winner’s local currency) per winner of each category. There will be five (5) winners in total.
- How to enter
- The entire competition will run from 12:01am on 01.03.19 the "Opening Time") to 11:59pm on 21.03.19 the "Closing Time") inclusive.
- All award entries received before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time are automatically disqualified.
- You can enter the competition online by nominating yourself with your Depop username for one of the five awards across the competition.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register your entry.
- Depop will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed as a result of any, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting an award entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- employees of Depop or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of Depop or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- The competition is only open to all residents in all countries aged 13 years or over, except:
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Depop may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- There is an entry limit of one (1) entry per user per category with a maximum of five (5) entries per user in total.
- Depop reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- Depop reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- Winner announcement
- The winners of the awards will be announced by email, Depop social media and on the Community Awards page (https://disruptors.depop.com/) on 04.04.19 (Announcement Date).
- There will be one winner per category.
- The decision of the judges nominated by Depop is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Depop will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date using the username details provided by the entrant upon entry, in order to arrange
receipt of the prize.
- Claiming the award
- Please allow up to 14 days after winner announcements for the delivery of the award prizes.
- The award may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- Depop will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, Depop reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the relevant Daily Closing Time.
- Depop does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the award.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, Depop, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking part in the community awards except where it is caused by the negligence of Depop, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Intellectual property rights
- Depop does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry.
- You agree that Depop may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the awards. You agree to grant Depop a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the awards entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Data protection and publicity
- How the judging works:-
Round 1: The award entry videos will be judged in the first instance by Depop as to how closely they meet the criteria for the first four categories. Depop shall put one hundred (100) entries across all 4 categories (25 per category) to the next round.
Round 2: Those making it through to the second round for the first four categories, will be judged by a panel of three (3) Depop influencers working in conjunction with Depop, and based on creative influence the panel will shortlist twelve (12) entries across all 4 categories who will make it through to the final third round. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
Round 3: The top three (3) videos/entrants in each category will then be published online on 14.03.19 and Depop users will be able to vote for the entry they think should win for the first four categories.
- Where you choose to submit a video entry of yourself, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and the manner in which Depop will process your personal information by way of contract. Depop will only process your personal information as follows:-
- Depop will process your entry to assess your eligibility to go through to Round 2;
- if applicable, Depop will share your entry with the influencers and Depop panel responsible for assessing entrants’ eligibility for Round 3;
- if applicable, Depop will publish your entry on www.depop.com in Round 3 and promote the page to all Depop users so that users can vote by, clicking one button, for the entry they feel best meets each of the four categories. Depop will count the number of votes that each entry obtains. The number of votes will not be made public;
- if applicable, Depop will promote the entries that win each category in Round 3 on its website, email and social media channels, and use your personal information to send you an award.
- Where you do not choose to submit a video of yourself as a contender for the first four categories, other users may nominate such other users of the Depop app as a contender for the fifth category (Community Choice Award). Depop has conducted a Legitimate Interest Assessment and has concluded that it may rely on ‘legitimate interests’ as a grounds for processing such nominations for this fifth category. In the event that you receive the most nominations for this category, Depop will contact you for your consent to be published as the winner of this category, prior to publishing your details as winner. If you decide not to give your consent, then Depop shall contact the nominated user with the next highest number of votes and so on.
9.4. Please refer to http://explore.depop.com/en/privacy/ for further information on how we process personal information and your rights as a data subject.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Depop may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the awards.
- Depop reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the awards where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.