Ready to sell on Depop? Here are our top three tips for selling your first item.
1. Use your best photos
Clear, high-quality photos will help your item stand out on the grid.
- Shoot in a square format so your photos are sized right.
- Make sure your shot is well lit and clearly shows the condition and details of your item. Natural light is best.
- Shooting flat lays? Hanger shots? Whatever your style, experiment with different background fabrics and textures to bring your shot to life.
- Use all 4 photo slots – show your item from different angles and/or different ways to style your item.
2. Write an accurate item description
An accurate and detailed item description helps us match your item to buyer searches.
- Describe your item clearly and accurately. Think about what a buyer might search for to find an item like yours.
- Add measurements to let buyers know how the item fits.
- Describe the condition of the item, noting any flaws or signs of wear.
Make sure you add all relevant item info and tags, including:
- Item location
- Category and subcategory
- Quantity (if applicable)
- Colour. You can select up to two colours.
- Style, including Source, Age and Style.
3. Price it right
The right price is based on several things, including the brand and condition of your item.
- We recommend pricing your item based on similar items currently for sale on Depop. Try searching for items like yours to get an idea.
- Make sure the price reflects the item condition. Buyers probably won’t expect to pay the same for a very worn item as a brand new one.
- Open to offers? Let buyers know by making sure it’s turned on in your shop policies. In the app, go to Selling > Policies > Make me offers.
- Consider offering free shipping. Items with free shipping are twice as likely to sell.