Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter
The promoter is: Depop Limited whose registered offices are at 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN.
- The competition
- The title of the competition is “Win an expenses paid trip for two to Depop LIVE New York 2019”.
- The Instagram competition will consist of a random selection of a winner who shares a post from the relevant Depop Instagram account (further details below). There is no entry or other fee required to enter the competition.
- The prizes are as follows: 2 x Economy Flights on Friday 7th and Sunday 9th May 2019, Travel to and from airport, Accommodation and Reasonable Food Expenses capped at 50$ per person per day. The prize does not include alcohol, any items purchased within the Depop Live New York shopping area nor any other expense not listed in these terms.
- You accept that beyond what is expressly offered in the prize, the Promoter has no obligation or liability to you for flights or travel connections that you miss and you will be and remain at all times responsible for ensuring you comply with the rules of requirements of the airline (including recommend check-in times), travel company, hotels, restaurants and any other institution with which you have contact in respect of the prize. The Promoter has no liability whatsoever for any additional costs or penalties incurred by you.
- You will be solely responsible for arranging all necessary permissions/permits to enable you to travel as part of the prize.
- How to enter
- The entire competition will run from 09:00 UTC on 24th May 2019 (the "Opening Time") to 23:59 UTC on 26th May 2019 (the "Closing Time") inclusive.
- All competition entries received before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time are automatically disqualified.
- You can enter the competition online via Instagram and must have a public page using the following steps:
1) Like the Depop Live Competition post on www.instagram.com/depop account.
2) Share the post and include the #depopliveny hashtag in your comments plus your friend’s Instagram handle in the post.
3) Follow Depop on www.instagram.com/depop
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the Depop website or Depop app.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed as a result of any, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition winner will be picked at random.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the USA aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win, including being available on the dates for travel provided by the Promoter. No other dates will be made available. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- There is one entry limit of one entry per user.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- In order to claim the prize you must reply to a message sent to you via Instagram and share your contact details with Depop so they can organise travel and food expenses payment/reimbursement. You will not be able to proceed unless you provide the relevant contact details requested by Depop.
- Winner announcement
The winner of the competition will be announced on the Depop Instagram feed on 27th May 2019 at 16:00 UTC (Announcement Date).
- One winner will be chosen at random.
- The decision of the judges nominated by the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date using the winner’s Instagram profile.
- Claiming the prize
- Please refer to the details of how to claim in condition 4.7. If you do not claim the prize by this date (including submitting all details requested by Depop, your claim will become invalid.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 4 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the relevant Closing Time.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.