Depop is a fashion marketplace where people come to buy, sell and discover fashion from all over the world. Users over the age of 13 (years) are welcome to set up an account and be part of our community.
If your child is looking to join Depop, you probably have questions as a parent or guardian. In this article, you can find information to give you more of an understanding of our app.
Basics about buying and selling on Depop
- Check out our article ‘How to buy safely’
Payments and PayPal
- To shop on Depop a user can complete the checkout through the ‘Buy’ button in-app and use a PayPal account or a payment card for Guest Checkout. Both are covered by Depop and PayPal Buyer Protection.
- To sell on Depop, anyone who is under 18 needs to use the PayPal account of someone aged 18 or over. We always advise younger users to have a chat with their parent(s) or guardian before making a sale.
- If you do give your child permission to use your PayPal account or payment card for Depop remember that the account holder – i.e. you – are responsible for responding to any transaction disputes opened through PayPal. When connecting PayPal to Depop, the selling fee is a pre-approved payment, this means Depop has the permission to charge the Depop fee to your PayPal account.
- As long as transactions are done through the ‘Buy’ button on Depop, Buyer and Seller Protection applies.
- If a device is lost or stolen, unless PayPal OneTouch is enabled on the device, the user always has to log back into the PayPal account to complete checkout. To be on the safe side, we advise checking the settings if you’re giving another person permission to use your account.
- Bullying and harassment are not tolerated on the app because it prevents Depop users from feeling safe, included and respected.
- We actively ban accounts that promote, encourage or distribute sexually explicit or pornographic content/harassment.
- We champion equality and individuality. We do not tolerate any hatred towards anyone. This includes on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, identity or disability.
- We have zero-tolerance for threats of violence towards another user. This can include death threats, scare tactics, hate speech.
- We don’t allow the glorification of self-harm, including promotion of self-injury or eating disorders. If you’re looking for help, please get in touch with someone from the Support Team at Depop.
- We remove any/all illegal items and/or sellers associated with items such as drugs, weapons and counterfeit (fake) items. You can see all our prohibited items here.
- Buying and selling is only safe when you use the ‘Buy’ button in the app.
Accessing another person’s account
- We cannot allow access to another person’s account or allow you to take any action on their behalf based on your request. We understand that you want your child to be safe online but this action would be a breach of privacy laws here. These clearly state that we are only able to give account access to the authorised account holder.
Share this document and our Community Guidelines with anyone thinking about or already signed to Depop.
Any questions? Get in touch via email@example.com with as much information as possible.