In the rare instance you find yourself noticing that there are actions, listings or communications on your Depop account that you cannot account for, your account may not be secure. Please know that whilst Depop and your data is safe, the measures you've taken to protect your account need to be fully optimised and secured.
What should I look out for?
If you are concerned about your account security, we'd recommend that you check and update your details such as your email address and password. If you notice any of the following, this may be a sign that your account has been compromised.
- Messages you did not send yourself
- Items listed on your account that you do not own
- Payments made to your PayPal account that you cannot account for
- Your personal details have been changed without your consent
- Messages on other platforms regarding your Depop account
How do I report this?
Seen any of the activity listed above? Follow these steps to report this to our Support team.
- Immediately contact Depop Support by sending a request.
Select Account > Report unauthorised access on my Depop account
- Let us know when you last accessed your account and how you realised it had been accessed by someone else
- Whilst you’re waiting for a response from one of our agents, check to see if your email address has been changed within the app
- If your email has been changed, change the email back to your original email address
- Send yourself a password reset link here
How do I set a complex password?
- Use a complex password
- Combine numbers, symbols and capital and lower-case letters
- Avoid using your name, username, email or any other personal information in your new password
- Use varied and complex passwords for different accounts