In the rare instance you find yourself noticing that there are actions, listings or other notifications on your Depop account that you cannot account for, your account may not be secure. Please know that whilst Depop and your data is safe, the measures you've taken to protect your account need to be fully optimised and secured.
If you have noticed suspicious activity or unauthorised access on your account such as;
• Messages you did not send yourself.
• Items listed on your account that you do not own.
• Payments made to your PayPal account that you cannot account for.
• Your personal details have been changed without your consent.
• Messages on other platforms regarding your Depop account.
If so, it’s possible your account may have been compromised. Please follow the steps below;
• Immediately contact us via our contact form and let us know about the unauthorised access. Things to include should be;
- when you last accessed your account
- how you realised it had been accessed by someone else
• Whilst you’re waiting for a response from one of our agents, check to see if your email address has been changed within the app.
My email has not been changed: Click this link here and send yourself a password reset link.
My email has been changed: Change the email back to your original email address and click this link here to reset your password.
Make sure you select a complex password, with a mix of numbers, symbols and capital and lower-case letters. Avoid using your name, username, email or any other personal information in your new password. If you have used the same password for other services, we encourage you to change those passwords as well to be safe.