Writing a clear and informative description for your item is key to helping you sell.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through what to include in your description, as well as how to tag your listing so we can match it to relevant buyer searches.
- Describe the item clearly and accurately, leading with the most relevant keywords. If you’re stuck, think about what the buyer might search for to find an item like yours.
- Add measurements. Sizes can vary a lot between brands, so add the exact measurements of the item to let buyers know how it fits.
- Describe the condition of the item, noting any flaws or signs of wear.
- Don’t include irrelevant or repetitive keywords, hashtags, brands or tags. Spamming your description can prevent your item showing up in search results.
Don’t forget the details
The more complete your listing, the better we can match it to buyer searches.
Make sure you add all relevant item info and tags, including:
- Item location
- Category and subcategory
- Quantity (if applicable)
- Price. We recommend pricing your item based on similar items currently being sold on Depop as well as any similar items you may already have sold on Depop.
- Colour. You can select up to two colours.
- Style, including Source, Age and Style.
Learn more about what you can do to help your items rank better in search results.