More options, same cover. If you sell with Depop Payments, you’re protected.
How does Seller Protection work?
You are protected against disputes or chargebacks if you:
- Sell in-app using Depop Payments
- Dispatch the order to the address on the Depop receipt
- Send your item using tracked postage that confirms delivery to the buyers address. You must keep proof of shipping and delivery. This is the only proof accepted by Depop.
- Dispatch within a reasonable timeframe
- Respond to Depop in the given timeframe
- Your item was as described, but the buyer changed their mind
You're not covered if:
- The sale was made outside of Depop
- The item is on Depop's prohibited items list
- The item is significantly not as described
- You fail to respond to Depop’s emails in the required time frame
What do I need to do to resolve a dispute?
My buyer says they didn’t receive the item:
- Send us evidence that the item was sent and delivered (tracked shipping label)
My buyer says the item is not as described (or part of a bundle is missing):
- Send us evidence that the item was as described
- We will mediate a resolution between yourself and the buyer
- If a resolution cannot be found, we will ask the buyer to return the item using tracked postage. You will then refund the full sale price (minus shipping)
- Counterfeit items must be refunded. The buyer will not be required to return, as the shipping of counterfeit goods is illegal
I'm arranging a return:
- Get the buyer to return your item with tracked postage
- Refund the buyer once you have received the item
- We may process a refund for you if you have not refunded a buyer who has returned an item
Need more help? Contact Depop Support