More options, same cover. If you sell with Depop Payments, you’re protected.
You are protected against disputes or chargebacks if you:
- Sell in-app using Depop Payments
- Dispatch the order to the address on the Depop receipt
- Send your item using tracked postage that confirms delivery to the buyers address. You must keep proof of shipping and delivery. This is the only proof accepted by Depop.
- Dispatch within a reasonable timeframe
- Respond to Depop in the given timeframe
- Your item was as described, but the buyer changed their mind
You're not covered if:
- The sale was made outside of Depop
- The item is on Depop's prohibited items list
- The item is significantly not as described
- You fail to respond to Depop’s emails in the required time frame
If your buyer says they didn’t receive the item:
- Send us evidence that the item was sent and delivered (tracked shipping label)
If your buyer says the item is not as described (or part of a bundle is missing):
- You send us evidence that the item was as described
- We will mediate a resolution between yourself and the buyer
- If a resolution cannot be found, we will ask the buyer to return the item using tracked postage. You will then refund the full sale price (minus shipping)
- Counterfeit items must be refunded. The buyer will not be required to return, as the shipping of counterfeit goods is illegal
Do not refund until you have received the item back. You will not be covered by Depop if you refund before you have tracked proof from the buyer, or have received the item. If you do not process a refund when the buyer has returned an item with tracked shipping, we will process it on your behalf.