If you are working with a third party to manufacture items to sell on Depop, we expect that you make sure your partners comply with all applicable laws, including safety, labour and environmental laws. Though we don’t audit or approve sellers’ partners, we expect that you follow the standards outlined below.
- No child labour. Any manufacturing partner you choose to work with should follow all local laws and rules regarding working hours and working conditions for minors.
- No involuntary labour. Manufacturing partners should not use involuntary labour, including slave, prison, bonded or forced labour.
- Humane working conditions. Manufacturing partners should not use any form of physical or psychological coercion or intimidation against their workers. Any sexual or other harassment should also be prohibited.
- Working hours. Working hours at manufacturing partners must comply with national laws and any overtime should be voluntary or compensated.
- Regular employment. Work performed at manufacturing partners should be on the basis of recognised employment relationship established through national law and practice and not through informal arrangements.
- Living wage. At a minimum, manufacturing partners should pay their workers in line with national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. In every event, wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide discretionary income.
- Health and safety. Manufacturing partners should provide safe and hygienic working conditions to their employees, taking adequate steps to prevent accidents and injury to health arising at work.
- Non-discrimination. There should be no tolerance for discrimination on the basis of race, caste, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, gender identity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Environment. Manufacturing partners should, as a minimum, comply with the requirements of local and international environmental laws and regulations.
We may reach out for additional information to determine sellers' commitment to these guidelines.
Depop can't guarantee the conditions under which items listed for sale on the platform were made. Depop does not currently conduct audits to assess manufacturing partners' compliance with applicable local and international laws. Depop is not responsible for any manufacturing partners chosen by sellers.