When you sell an item, Depop will automatically charge the 10% fee on the total transaction amount, including shipping costs. This charge will be taken directly from your PayPal account or the card you are using for payments.
I don't recognise a fee or charge
Confused about a fee you have been charged? All Depop fees we charge are related to sales where your PayPal account was set as the funding source. You can always check your sales breakdown on recent sales through the Depop app.
- Go to > All Sold Items > To review any recent sales
- You will be charged a Depop fee automatically after a sale. This sometimes can be delayed up to 21 days
I have recent sales
When working out your fees or total sales amount, factor in the standard transaction cost charged by PayPal/Stripe. You will be paid the total item cost + shipping, but the transaction cost will be applied before your funds hit your account.
I arranged my own shipping
If you have arranged your own shipping, your fees will just be 10% for the Depop fee. This is 10% of the total transaction amount, so item cost + shipping.
- Review your recent sales receipts. If you have accidentally charged too much for shipping or put a higher/lower value for the item cost, your Depop fee may be higher than expected
- Check your sales to see whether you initially listed the item with Depop shipping, if so, you will be charged for the label
- Been charged for a Depop label? Contact Support with your proof of shipping to get a refund
I used Depop shipping
When you ship with Depop, the cost of the label is always deducted from the seller along with the Depop fee. If your buyer is paying for shipping, you will be paid for the item plus the label when you receive you funds from the sale.
- The label cost will be removed with the fee
- Buyer paid for shipping? You will be paid for the total value of the sale + shipping label cost. The label and fee will be deducted together.
- Offering free shipping? You will be paid for the item cost. The Depop fee and the label cost will be deducted together.
- Been charged for a Depop label and want a refund? Contact Support with your proof of shipping or a screenshot of your refund to the buyer
I used Boosted Listings
If you use Boosted Listings, you will only be charged a fee if the buyer clicked on the boosted tile and went goes on to purchase the item within 28 days. If this happens, you will be charged an additional 8% fee. Read more about how Boosted Listings works here.
I sold a bundle
When you sell a Bundle on Depop, your fees and label will be deducted per item sold rather instead of a single amount. You should see a fee deduction per item sold in the bundle, this may include shipping label deductions.
Check your current bundle settings on the app.
Tap > Scroll down to Shop Settings > Tap Bundles > Review your current settings
- You will be covering the shipping costs for all items in your bundle
- Sold with a Depop label? You will be charged for the cost of the entire label
- Depending on the label sizes on your items, your label may be upgraded to a larger size
- The fee and/or label deduction may be taken per item rather than as a single fee
- Arranging your own shipping? The shipping costs will be set to £/$/€0 and you will only be paid for the item costs
Highest Shipping Price
- The buyer will cover the shipping for the item with the highest shipping cost
- You you will cover the shipping costs for the other items
- Using a Depop label? You will be paid for the item + label cost for the item with the highest shipping price
- You will be charged for the remaining label price after the highest shipping cost is covered by the buyer
- The shipping price all of the labels will still be deducted with the fees
- Depending on the size and labels on your items, your label may be upgraded to a larger size
- Arranging your own shipping? You will be receive the funds for the item and the price of the highest shipping cost.
- You will only receive the item costs for other bundle items
- The fee and/or label deduction may be show as per bundle item instead of a single fee
No shipping discount
- The buyer will cover the shipping costs for all items in the bundle
- You will receive the item costs + shipping
- Using a Depop label? The shipping cost will still be deducted with the Depop fees
- Arranging your own shipping? You'll only have the Depop fees deducted
- The fee/label deduction may be removed per item rather than as a single fee
I can't find a sale that relates to this fee
Struggling to find a sale on your account that relates to a fee you've been charged?
- Review your recent transactions on Depop
- Review your PayPal activity history
- Seeing a charge directly on your bank?
Check your Depop automatic payments funding source:
Login to your PayPal account > Settings > Payments > View automatic payments > Select Depop > Check which account is set up for your funding source
- If you did not have enough money in your PayPal balance, some of the Depop fee costs may have been deducted from your connected bank account
- Check with your banking provider to see whether this may be a charge linked to an extended account limit or unauthorised overdraft
- Check your other email addresses, if you sold through Depop you will always have a transaction receipt emailed to you after a sale
- Review any previous Depop accounts you may have, if any open accounts have active listings, people may still be able to purchase your items, which will result in a Depop fee
- Have you previously allowed someone else to use your PayPal account on Depop? Check in with them, if they have not removed it, your PayPal account may still be linked and charged for fees
- Share a PayPal account with family or friends? Check which details are being used as a funding source for Depop fees
- Need more help? Contact Support. Please send over your @username, email address, PayPal email and a screenshot of the charge
I haven't been charged a fee for a sale yet
If you have sold an item but haven't been charged a fee just yet, don't worry. Our fees are taken automatically so you can expect to see this being process via PayPal soon.
- Sometimes we might not be able to take our fee at the time of the sale
- You can be charged for the Depop fee up to 21 days after a sale
- Our fees are charged automatically so you don't need to take any action
- Make sure that you have a funding source linked on PayPal for automatic payments
Make sure that you add a shipping cost to the fee if you have used a Depop label
- Check your shipping set up - if you are offering free shipping, you will be charge for the label and the fee
- Remember, we charge 10% of your entire sale cost including shipping if you arrange your own shipping method
- Check any previous Depop accounts or linked accounts through friends or family that you have previously used PayPal on
- Need a further breakdown? Contact Support