This article will help explain how payouts work for US users. If you’re based in the UK, payouts work slightly differently. Read more here.
If you've sold using Depop Payments, your payout will be added to your Depop Balance and deposited directly into your bank account.
How do Payouts work?
- All payments from buyers go into your Depop Balance
- This balance is then paid out to your Bank account in instalments
- If your payment is 'Pending', this means the buyer has paid but your funds are waiting to clear. Once they do, you’ll see them in your available Depop balance.
- The payout will contain any sales made with Depop Payments within that time frame
- This may not always be a recognised amount as you can be paid out for multiple sales
This is my first sale through Depop Payments
Congratulations on your sale. When you sign up for Depop Payments, it's important that you set up and verify your account so you're ready to go. Read our guide to setting Depop Payments.
- We'll initiate your payout after 10 business days following your sale.
- If you've chosen Depop Shipping, or added tracking information to your item manually, Depop will initiate the payment 2 business days after the tracking info shows as ‘Delivered’ instead of initiating the payout after 10 business days.
- You can see your estimated payout will be on your Depop sales receipt
- Please allow a 2-3 business day difference on the estimated date, this can vary depending on your bank's processing times.
View your sales receipt by going to>All sold items> Select your recent transaction > Scroll to Payment on the receipt
My payout failed
If your payout has failed, you should be able to check this on why within your Depop balance activity.
Tap>Payments>Depop Balance> Select your failed payout > review to find out what might need to be resolved.
Why might a Payout fail?
The connected bank account is restricted
The connected bank account has been closed
The currency doesn't match your account
Your bank couldn't process the payout
Your bank details are incorrect
Your account number is incorrect
Your account holder name is incorrect
The bank no longer supports payouts
Struggling to resolve your issue through the app?Contact Depop Support
When can I ship my item?
Straight away. Through Depop Payments your money is guaranteed as soon as the sale is made.