This article will help explain how payouts work for US users. If you’re based in the UK, payouts work slightly differently. Read more here.
Read about how to sell safely on Depop here.
In the US you will always be paid through Depop Payments. These payments will be paid directly into the bank account you link to Depop. Depop Payments lets sellers accept payments via Apple Pay, Google Pay, credit and debit cards, and Klarna, powered by Stripe Connect.
How do I get set up?
If you haven’t set up Depop Payments yet, head to your sellers hub (middle house icon), where you’ll be prompted with a sign up window. Follow the instructions to get set up.
When are payouts processed?
Your payout will be initiated to your linked bank account 2 business days after the in-app tracking updates to ’Delivered'. If tracking details aren’t provided, your payout will be initiated 10 business days after the sale date (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays). You might see a 2-3 day difference in processing times depending on your bank.
How will I receive my payouts?
To receive your payout you'll first need to ensure you have linked a valid bank account. This will require you to provide the full account details so we know where to send your payouts.
To link a bank account:
- Go to Selling Hub (middle icon at the bottom of your screen)
- Hit the Payments tab
- Scroll down to Payment settings
- Select bank account
- Fill in your bank account details
Your payout will be made up of any Depop Payments that become available at the same time, rather than being paid per individual sale.
If you’re still unable to receive your payouts, verify your Depop Payments account by providing your ID in the Payments tab.
I haven't received my payout
You should be able to see your upcoming payouts in your Depop Balance. If you're waiting for a payment that seems overdue, check the following:
- Go to Selling Hub > Payments and scroll down to Payments Settings
- See whether you need to add any information to verify your account
- Looks fine? Tap your>Payments> Review your Next Payout and Latest Transactions
- If you have refunded any sales recently, they may have been deducted directly from your Depop balance
- Still unsure? Contact Support
Selling safely on Depop
To sell safely on Depop, the 3 most important things to remember are:
- Only ever sell items directly through the Depop app or Depop.com. When you sell an item through Depop, you’ll automatically receive both an email from Depop and a notification in-app (via the :bell: icon in the top left corner of your profile page). You don’t need to take any further action to complete the sale.
- Never give out your personal information (i.e. email, phone number, card details or social media handles) to anyone on Depop. If someone sends you a message asking for your personal information, they may be trying to lead you off Depop, which could put you at risk. Depop will never ask you to confirm your personal details to complete a sale.
- Once you've sent the item, make sure to add the tracking number to your in-app receipt. If you've chosen to use a Depop shipping label, this will update automatically.
Report any issues or concerns to Depop Support - and if you’re at all suspicious about another user, check out our advice.
What should I avoid?
- Never give out any personal information to anyone on Depop - this includes your email, phone number, card details or personal social media
- Don’t arrange in-person sales or collections
- Never click on any links that you are sent by another user, within or outside of the app
- Avoid entering your contact information in Bio or Listings
- Don’t take payment outside of Depop’s checkout system - payment methods such as bank transfers, direct PayPal payments, Venmo or cash are unsafe, against terms and could leave you out of pocket
- Avoid contacting any users outside of Depop - if anything goes wrong we may not be able to take any action
- Don’t sell prohibited items - if you sell items on our prohibited items list, you won’t be eligible for Depop Protection. See our Terms of Service for full details
What else should I know?
- Describe and take accurate photos of the items you list
- Use the address in your Depop sales receipt to ship your item
- Keep your proof of shipping receipt or take a photo
To contact the Depop Support team, submit a request on our Help Centre. Depop does not currently offer customer service via chatbot.