Shipping from outside UK or US
If you’re a seller located outside the UK or US you can use your preferred method to ship the item to your buyer wherever they are.
When listing your item, input your domestic or worldwide shipping price, factor in both the size and weight of the item(s), as well as the distance it needs to travel. Given the uncertainty of the item's destination at the time of listing, you should make an estimate based on the size of the item.
What to do when you made your first sale:
- Securely package the item(s) in a box or shipping envelope, available at office supply stores or the post office.
- Keep your buyer informed, send them a message thanking them and letting them know when you plan to ship
- Ship ASAP using tracked shipping and make sure you keep proof of shipping until the sale is complete
- Fill in any required parcel info - Don't forget to add any required tax codes such as an IOSS. Or If a phone number or email is required for an international parcel, we recommend using your own details. This avoids you having to reach out and ask a buyer for their phone number or email address, which could then lead to your account being wrongfully suspended.
- Follow-up with your buyer, let them know that you've shipped their item and supply them with a tracking number by tapping Mark as shipped on your sales receipt and entering the shipping details there. If you did fill in your own contact details on the parcel, also be sure to pass on any updates you receive regarding its planned delivery. This will inform the buyer and there will be less need for them to chase you up on when to expect the delivery
In the chances of something going wrong:
- Reach out to your shipping provider for an update
- Contact your buyer to keep them in the loop
- Make sure the buyer is aware if their item may be at customs
- Contact Depop Support if you need any help or advice
Shipping to International buyers from UK or US
International shipping is a great way to expand your audience and increase your chances of selling on Depop. Remember, when selling an item, it’s always the seller’s responsibility to fulfil the order and ship on-time.
To enable international shipping simply create a listing:
- Scroll down to “worldwide”
- Toggle “on”
When setting your shipping price, factor in both the size and weight of the item(s), as well as the distance it needs to travel. Given the uncertainty of the item's destination at the time of listing, you should make an estimate based on the size of the item.