We encourage everyone on Depop to remain friendly, fair and kind when interacting with other members of the community. We don’t tolerate inappropriate behaviour on our platform, and you shouldn’t have to either.
If you have an issue with another user, report it to our Support team so we can review what happened. If something which is against our Community Guidelines has happened, we will take any necessary action.
What is against the Depop Community Guidelines?
- Posting screenshots with negative or accusatory comments
- Commenting or sending private messages of an aggressive, offensive or harassing nature
- Responding to emails from Depop with aggressive or offensive language
- Any kind of abusive, intolerant or inappropriate behaviour
We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abuse and harassment. We take action against any users we see engaging in this behaviour; including permanent bans.
How to block a user
You can block any users that you don’t want to interact with. Once you’ve blocked a user they won't be able to view your shop and items, and you’ll also lose the ability to message each other. You can unblock an account at any time.
To block a user, just follow the below steps:
- Go to the user’s shop that you wish to block
- Select the three dots in the top right of their profile
- Select ‘Block this user’
- The account will then be blocked straight away.
When you block a user, you will also be given an option to send a report as well. If you have already submitted a report against the user’s item, rest assured our team will pick up the report and take the appropriate action.
How do I report a user?
Please report the user through the app. You can do this by going to their profile > tapping the three dots in the upper right hand corner > select Report.
You can also report a user directly from any Messages you've received from them. Simply hold the message down and click 'Report'.
You can also report via our Help Centre, select 'I’ve received an abusive message or comment from another user'. Please give us as much specific detail as possible so we can act quickly.