Depop charges a 10% fee for all sales made through the BUY button. This is automatically charged on the total item price, and any shipping costs where the seller has arranged their own shipping. Fees are not charged against Depop Shipping labels.
Our fee will be deducted through your PayPal or Depop Payments account. You may see some variations on when the fee is deducted if you sold via PayPal, however this will always be deducted up to 21 days after your sale.
How much does it cost to sell on Depop?
When you sell on Depop you will be charged our 10% Depop fee. This is deducted automatically. If you have sold via PayPal, you will be charged this directly through your PayPal account and taken as a separate payment. If you sold through Depop Payments, this amount will be deducted before your payout reaches your account.
You will also be charged a transaction fee from either PayPal or Depop Payments. This is a charge directly from the payment processor. The fees will be deducted before your funds are processed into your account.
Why do Depop charge 10%?
Depop charges a 10% selling fee for sales on the platform. Our 10% fee is in place to keep the app up and running, release new features, provide Buyer and Seller Protection and pay our employees.
Unlike many other selling platforms, at Depop we only charge you when you make a sale, this means there are no fees for the length of time your item has been listed for or any initial costs to list the item.
If you have refunded any sales, we'll refund you for the Depop fee.
If you have refunded via PayPal, reach out to our Support team with a screenshot of your refund and confirmation of your @usernames. Fee refunds are automatically processed for refunds through Depop Payments.
How much will I be charged?
Whenever you make a sale on Depop, you will be charged the following:
- 10% Depop fee
- If you are in the UK, a standard transaction fee of around 2.9% + £/€0.30 across Paypal and Depop Payments applies. If you are in the US, the standard transaction fee for Depop Payments is 3.3% + $0.45 and the standard Paypal fee is 3.49% + $0.49. You may also be charged an additional 1.29% seller service fee for UK-EU transactions.
There may be additional variations based on your location and PayPal account set up.
- Using a Ship with Evri / USPS label purchased through Depop? The cost of the shipping label will also be taken with the Depop fee.
- Used the Boosted Listings feature? If your listing sells from a boosted tile, you will be charged an additional 8% fee. Learn more about how Boosted Listings charges work here.
How can I check my fees?
Sold through PayPal?
Heads up, we're fully transitioning to Depop Payments in the US & UK from October 23, 2023 - check out the Help Centre article here to find out more about this.
Log in to PayPal using the website > Click Activity > Review any recent Depop sales and fee payments
Sold with Depop Payments?
Tap Payments > Scroll to Latest Transactions to view your activity
I used a 'Ship with Evri' / 'Ship with USPS' label purchased through Depop
- The label cost will be deducted with your Depop fees
- Offered free shipping on bundles? You will be paid for the total cost of items in the bundle
- You will then be charged for the Depop fee and the label
- Offered highest shipping price? You will be paid for the bundle cost and the buyer's contribution for the item with the highest shipping price
- You will be charged for the Depop fee and overall cost of the label
- No shipping discount selected? You will be paid the item cost and the cost of the entire label
- You will be charged for the Depop fee and the label cost
- Depending on the size of your bundle, your sale may automatically upgrade to a larger label
- If your label size is too large for your items, we'd suggest arranging your own shipping, then contacting Depop Support. Send us your proof of shipping to get your Depop label refunded
I arranged my own shipping
- Your fees will be deducted per bundle item
- If you are offering free shipping, you will be paid for the bundle cost only
- You will then be charged a 10% Depop fee per item sold
- If you are offering highest shipping price, you will be paid for cost of the bundle and the buyer's contribution to the shipping for the item with the highest shipping cost
- You will then be charged a 10% fee per item - the item with the highest shipping price, will be charged at 10% overall (item + shipping cost)
- If you are offering no shipping discount, you will be paid for the bundle's total price and the buyer's shipping contributions
- You will be charged a 10% overall for each item + shipping
I sold a bundle
If you sold a bundle on Depop, your Depop fees will be deducted for each item you sold. These will show separately, so make sure you review how many items you sold and how many fees have been deducted.
Check your bundles settings to see if you are contributing toward the shipping
Go to > Scroll down to Shop Settings > Tap Bundles > Review your current settings
- Free Shipping means you are paying for all shipping costs
- Highest Shipping Price means that you are contributing toward the shipping cost, the buyer is covering the shipping on the item with the highest shipping price
- No Shipping Discount means that the buyer is paying for the shipping costs