In order to be covered by Seller Protection, you must:
- sell your items inside the app by using the 'BUY' button.
- sell items that are not on our Prohibited Items List
- ship the item to the address included in the sale receipt located in Profile > Sold Items
- obtain and keep proof of shipping and delivery, i.e. a tracking code that can be verified online. This is the only proof accepted by PayPal.
- keep proof of shipping and delivery until the buyer confirms in writing that the item has been received.
You're not covered by Seller Protection if:
- the sale was made outside of Depop. This means that the buyer didn't purchase using the BUY button
- the item is on Depop's prohibited items list
- the item was a non-material good, such as event tickets
- it was a meet in person transaction
As you know, PayPal is a trusted platform that we use, to always ensure your money is safe and your transactions are protected.
However, we value our community, so in the event something goes wrong and you have done everything by the book, we'll ensure you don’t lose out.
As stated previously, the option ‘meet in person’ is not covered by either Buyer or Seller Protection, as neither we or PayPal are able to verify any shipping details.