Negotiating prices just got a lot easier with the ‘Make offer’ feature. Increase your chances of getting items at a price that’s right for you - quicker sales, better prices and a dedicated place to track all your offers.
The ‘Make offer’ feature increases your chances of selling faster making it easier than ever to negotiate prices with your buyers.
How it works
- We’ll notify you when you receive an offer
- You can accept, counter or decline offers you receive in the Selling Hub under 'Offers'
- Offers expire 24 hours after they’re sent, so be quick!
- Not open to offers? You can simply ignore them.
- Never miss out on interested buyers
- Negotiate a price that's right for you and your buyer
No more back and forth in Messages and no more manual price changes
How will I be notified when I receive an offer?
You’ll receive a push notification (if you have push enabled) and an email letting you know you’ve received an offer. You can check all your offers by tapping the icon in the app
When does an offer expire?
Offers expire 24 hours from the time they’re sent by the buyer.
What happens to my item when someone makes an offer on it?
If you accept an offer on your item, we’ll notify the buyer so that they can buy the item at the price they’ve offered. Until the buyer buys at their offer price, all other buyers will be able to buy the item at the original price or make an offer on it.
Do I need to update my Shop Policies to let buyers know that I’m open to offers?
No, ‘Make me offers’ will be removed from Shop Policies so you don’t need to update this.
Can I turn off or ignore offers?
Offers are currently enabled for all sellers. You can ignore any offers that you don’t want to respond to, and all offers will expire after 24 hours.
Are offers binding?
Offers aren’t binding. That means:
- A buyer whose offer you’ve accepted still needs to buy the item at their offer price in order to complete transaction
- You can accept as many offers as you like
What happens if I accept more than one offer?
We’ll notify the buyers who offered and whoever buys first gets the item.
How many offers can I receive on a single item?
There is no limit on the amount of offers you can receive on your items.
Does the offer price include shipping?
No, the offer price does not include the shipping price. If you accept the offer, the buyer will still need to pay the shipping cost on top of the agreed price.
Can I counter-offer?
To send a counter-offer to your buyer, go to the ‘Offers’ tab in your Selling Hub and click on the item you wish to send a counter offer for.
Our ‘Make Offer’ feature helps you get that item you love for less.
How it works
- Tap ‘Make offer’ to let the seller know the price you’re willing to pay
- The seller has 24 hours to accept or reject your offer. If there’s no response within 24 hours, the offer expires.
- Track the status of your offers in the ‘Offers’ tab in Messages
- Get the item you love at a price that’s right for you
- Negotiation made easier
How will I know if my offer has been accepted or rejected?
We’ll send you a push notification to let you know if your offer is accepted or rejected by the seller. You can also track the status of your offer in the ‘Offers’ tab in Messages:
- ‘Accepted’ means your offer was accepted and you can buy the item right away at your offer price
- 'Pending’ means your offer hasn't been accepted or rejected yet
- ‘Rejected’ means your offer was rejected. Not every offer will be right for every seller, so if you’re still interested try making a new offer.
- ‘Expired’ means your offer wasn’t accepted or rejected by the seller within 24 hours and is no longer valid.
When will my offer expire?
If the seller doesn’t respond, your offer will expire 24 hours after you sent it. If the seller accepts your offer however, you’ll have 24 hours from the time it’s accepted to buy the item at your offer price.`
Can someone else buy an item I’ve made an offer on?
Yes, someone else can buy the item even if you’ve made an offer on it. There are two ways this could happen:
- Someone buys the item at its original price
- Someone else buys at their offer price. Where the seller accepts more than one offer on their item, the item only becomes unavailable once someone buys at their offer price. That’s why it’s important to buy as soon as possible if your offer is accepted.
Can I change my offer after I’ve sent it?
No, currently you can’t change your offer while it’s pending review by the seller. However, if your offer is rejected by the seller, or it expires, you’ll be able to make a new one.
When should I pay for my item once my offer is accepted?
Pay as soon as your offer is accepted to ensure you don’t miss out! Offers aren’t binding, so the transaction is only completed once your offer is accepted and you buy the item at your offer price. Until you do this, someone else could buy the item.
Does the offer price include shipping?
No, the offer you send does not include the shipping price. If your offer is accepted, you will need to pay the shipping cost on top of the agreed price.
Why can I not see Make Offer on some items?
Currently you cannot send offers on items outside your country. You can still purchase the item, but you cannot make an offer on them. This is something we may look to improve in the future.
How many times can I offer on an item?
You can only ever have one active offer on a single item – that means you can’t send multiple offers on the same item at the same time. However, if your offer is rejected or expires, you’ll be able to make a new offer.