If you are seeking a refund for reasons outside of these, this will have to be directly arranged between you and the seller.
I changed my mind about my purchase
Private sellers are not required by law to offer refunds, so before buying an item it’s important to check the Seller’s return policy.
- Contact the seller first to explain the situation and ask them for a refund
- Unable to return the item? Consider reselling the item
I've arranged a refund and return with my seller
- If you agree on a return, make sure you ship your item using only a tracked, signed for method
- Get in contact with Support if you have returned your item but have not received a refund
- It's important that you keep proof of shipping for the return
My item is not as described
If your item is not as described, you are able to file a dispute either through PayPal or Depop in order to resolve the issue.
- Paid through PayPal? Here's our guide on starting a 'Not as Described' dispute
- Paid via Depop Payments? Read our article on disputes
I haven't received my item
If you have purchased an item which you have not received, you can start a dispute to be refunded or get proof of shipping. You can do this up to 180 days after the purchase.
- If you paid through PayPal, go to PayPal to start a dispute
- Used Depop Payments? Open a dispute in the Resolution Centre
- Paid outside of the Depop app? Profile > Settings > Need help? > Buying > My purchase > Item not shown > tell us what happened.